Institute for Nonprofit Innovation and Excellence
(For SIE Students Only)
The Institute for Nonprofit Innovation and Excellence (INIE) works to enhance the capacity and leadership of the nonprofit industry through advocacy, education, and engagement. The nonprofits INIE serves are changing lives and changing our communities. Through education, training, resources, and connections, INIE helps nonprofits grow stronger to provide more for their communities. INIE provides resources, training, mentorship opportunities, and support to meet the individual needs of the nonprofits it serves.
INIE’s Nonprofit Management Volunteer Internship Program provides participants with an opportunity to acquire administrative experience while gaining valuable insight into the nonprofit sector. Interns will contribute to their own success by selecting a focal area for their internship at the outset (e.g. Communications, Research, Event Planning, Community Engagement, Membership, Development, or Management) and will then work with their Supervisor to develop projects upon which much of their time will be focused. Additionally, all Interns will participate in INIE staff meetings and will be engaged in the day-to-day operations of the agency, allowing for enormous personal and professional growth.
1. Commitment to a fun, fast-paced and team-oriented working environment.
2. Willingness to comply with INIE’s policies and procedures.
3. Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate degree program, or graduated with completion of a degree.
4. Basic computer processing skills including MS office; competency in other areas such as social media preferred.
5. Ability to give and receive feedback in a positive manner.
6. Commitment to all internship responsibilities and expectations.
Hours and Days:
A minimum of four months or 160 hours commitment is required. During that time, Interns are expected to work between 12-40 hours per week based on internship requirements on projects at the INIE office during normal office hours (8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday) with occasional evening event participation.